Write Your Book in a Weekend
Do you have a book inside you desperate to get out? Are you an expert in your field but need a book to reach more people? Learn everything you need to know to write your book in one weekend. Write your synopsis, chapter outline, and first chapter. Learn how to approach a publisher and set up a timetable for regular weekend writing that will see you with a draft manuscript in 3-6 months. All genres, all levels of experience welcome.
Note: There will be short breaks for morning and afternoon tea and a break for lunch – lunch is NOT included.
Practical exercises using meditative writing techniques, group discussion, small groups and partner work on the following topics:
- The impulse for our work.
- Dealing with the negative critic.
- Focusing on what I really want to say.
- How to write a synopsis.
- Chapter outline.
- Writer’s voice.
- How to write a chapter.
- Some tips on character, plot, story structure, developing your themes and thesis (non-fiction).
- What you need to approach a publisher.
- Setting goals and timeline for draft completion.
PLANNED LEARNING OUTCOMES
By the end of this course, students should be able to:
- Plan content, themes, structure of their book.
- Set up regular writing timetable and set realistic writing goals.
- Write synopsis, chapter outline and one chapter.
- Approach a publisher.