Italian Grammar Intensive: Post-Beginners and Intermediate (A1-A2)
This course intends to revise the present tense and its uses, and to introduce, develop and extend the grammar skills related to the two main past tenses of the Italian language. We will work on their meaning, use and structure and on how they are used in everyday speech through different learning materials, which will provide a diversity of activities to assist students with different learning needs and linguistic capabilities consolidating their skills and fluency. Suitable for students who are working through Nuovo Espresso 1 (from Unit 7) and Nuovo Espresso 2.
Tutor supplied material.
- Talking about routines in the present and in the past tense
- Narration of past events and anecdotes
- Description of places and people in the present and in the past tense
- Telling about a person’s life
- Combining the past tenses according to what we want to express
PLANNED LEARNING OUTCOMES
By the end of this course, students should be able to:
- Recognise and conjugate different tenses in Italian;
- Understand how, when and why they are used;
- Be able to talk about present and past habits and routines, past events, anecdotes using connectors and complex sentences;
- Improve their Italian fluency.