Chocolate and Tea Pairing
Tea and Chocolate Pairing a match made in heaven. Through this workshop you’ll experience flavour, aromas and textures of teas (Black, Green, Oolongs and herbal) paired with delicious citrusy, fruity, floral nutty and earthy chocolates, a true sensory appreciation.
This workshop will demonstrate how these two ancient and nutritious products complement, enhance and contrast each other, a delightful experience. The introductory course is ideal for beginners and all those who wish to explore and deepen their knowledge into these ancient natural products. NO REFUND UNLESS WEA CANCELS THE COURSE
This course consists of the following theoretical and practical components of tea:
Theoretical component: (power point presentation to supplement theoretical presentation)
- What is Tea?
- What is Chocolate?
- Teas: Flavor profiles (green, black, oolongs and herbal)
- Chocolate: Flavor profiles (dark, milk and white)
- Serving temperatures
- Tasting Steps
- Approaches to perfect pairings
- Health benefits of tea and chocolate
- A detailed analysis with sight, hearing, smell, touch and flavor for each tea variety to be paired with different Chocolate.
- Distinguishing and describing the sensory appreciation of teas and chocolate.
- Using 3 approaches when deciding upon tea and chocolate pairings: Complement / Enhance / Contract or Agitate.
- A step-by-step chocolate and tea tasting based upon all the above information.
PLANNED LEARNING OUTCOMES
By the end of this course, students should be able to:
- Know the Tea plant (Camellia Sinensis) varieties and flavor profiles (green, black, oolongs, herbal and pu-erh teas).
- Know the Chocolate plant (The Cacao Tree) varieties and flavor profiles (dark, white and milk chocolates).
- Understand flavor profiles of teas and herbal infusions.
- Understand flavor profiles of chocolates.
- Understand tea and chocolate pairing steps
- Understand tea and chocolate health benefits.